Sunday 3 January 2010

New Year's Eve and Leon's Baptism

We had a lovely New Year's Eve.. Nice and quiet.. Rach, Adrian and the kids came over for dinner as they were pretty stuffed from their Xmas hols and we had Carien, Dylan, Julie and Steven and all the kids..

We had a lovely dinner with everyone bringing a dish.. including a traditional South African dish that Carien brought. As usual there was food everywhere..lol.. but not as much as if Dad was there. I do miss him heaps..

Anyway.. Joshua and Ethan went to bed early and Ry crashed at about 11 so I missed out on getting pics of them having fun at midnight..But the rest of them had a ball with poppers and sparklers and even some fireworks we could see off in the distance. Then it was time for kiddies to go to bed.. yeah.

Now my terrible friends then kept me up until 4.30 am chatting and drinking.. I mean who needs friends like that..lol. And poor Julie and Steve got stuck on our couch as Greg fell asleep without putting up the stretchers..lol.. and we were all too tired to work out how to do it..pmsl. Luckily that only lasted an hour or two before the kids woke up and they stole their beds.. But of course I had to take a pic first! hehehe..



Well New Years Day was verrry quiet at our house.. everyone left about lunch time and we went for a nap.. Man I was tired.. and didn't do much but play wii with the boys and fold up some clothes after that.


Luckily I recovered enough to make it to Leon's Baptism on Sunday. It was a lovely service and he was such a good boy.. and promptly fell asleep as soon as I tried to take some family pics..lol


Then back to Tanya's and Paul's for a little party. It was great to catch up with everyone and get to cuddle my little man. He had a ball helping open the pressies and I was so glad that they liked the Snugglepot and Cuddlepie Book we got him. It was my fav as a kid and Connor actually picked it.. taste must run in the family..

The pic of the funny look on Tanya's face as she opened Carien's Pressie was not one of horror..lol.. but surprise. I snuck a pic Rach had took of Tanya and Leon and she put it in the frame and wrapped it. It was gorgeous to see how much she liked it... and such a great idea Carien.



Anyway.. that's it for here.. I finally took down the Chrissie decos today and tomorrow the plan is to finish cleaning the house and put them away..Lots to do this week.. busy busy busy as usual.



We hope you had a wonderful New Year's Eve too.. and I hope to catch ya on here in 2010. Would love some comments.. starting to echo on this blog..lol..


Night all ♥ ♥

1 comment:

Kim said...

helllloooooooooooooo

yep it is echoing :)

Happy New Year Donna and here's to one that's a bloody site better than the last one hey?

xx