Tuesday 10 November 2009

Connor's Swimming Carnival..

Last Thursday Connor went to his first school swimming carnival.. Unfortunately I had to go to playgroup but Greg went along and took some pics for me.
It was a day of mixed feelings for us. We were so proud of Connor.. he came second in his 15m Kickboard Race.. Just behind Lachlan.. who as you can see was very pleased..lol
And Connor was so proud of his ribbon..
But then we were very disappointed. We both told Connor he could take $2 to buy an ice cream at the pool. When Greg turned up.. just in time for Connor's first race he was no where to be seen.. He missed it.. due to the fact he was lined up at the kiosk.. again.. he had taken his whole wallet to the pool.. and spent nearly $20-. Greg was furious.. and of course Connor was devastated when he found out that he had missed a race..Hopefully it might teach him for next time.. that and the fact that we have now confiscated his wallet..

Declan was also very proud of himself on Saturday.. He actually started swinging on the swing without help for the first time.. No more pushing with his feet on the ground.. no more asking for help.. lol.. he said to me.. ' Mum this is great.. I can swing all by myself".. which is something I have been trying to convince him of for the last year or two..lol..









These boys go nuts on those swings.. Brodie is really starting to scare me..lol.

Well it was a huge weekend last weekend.. Greg has brought himself a new set of golf clubs.. and we have a little deal going.. He gets to go and play golf on Saturday.. and I get the day to myself on Sunday.. not every week.. but hey I will take what I can get..lol.. It was wonderful to have a day of hiding in my craft room and just doing what I wanted to do.. didn't particularly achieve anything..lol.. but a half finished layout.. but gee I felt like a new woman.. and then I spent the arvo at Rach's Clothing Party.. Coffee, chatting... shopping.. it was fabulous.



Meanwhile Greg took the boys for a haircut.. I so have to get pics.. Brodes hair is sooo short.. then he took them to the movies.. yup all of them..lol..to see Up in 3D.. and then they had a birthday party at the Rockpool.. And no I didn't plan it that way..lol.. it was just one of those weekends..lol

He said the boys were pretty good at the movie. Even Brodie, and they all said they loved it so that was good. It was a reward for them having earnt enough points from actually getting their day to day jobs done..lol..



Greg has been away again this week.. Won't be back till tomorrow arvo.. so the boys are missing him.. He has been away so much lately. Brodie goes looking for him every morning..




Umm.. and the wonderful Rach came over to help me do a bit more organising around this house too.. She is sooo good at helping me to declutter..lol.. So all we have left is to clear out the boys Toys.. woohoo.. then I can start doing cupboards etc.. I am getting there..lol.. very slooowly!



Ok .. I am tired and I think I am actually going to go to bed early tonight.. Yup.. before 12 is early for me..lol..

Nite all xx




1 comment:

Linda said...

I can see your boys love that swing! Hence the extra padding eh? Blog looking great Donna, glad to have kept up with it. xx